Monday, February 14, 2011

Lack of Love for Snooki


This Valentine's Day, Snooki was polled on an online survey as being the number one celebrity Valentine that people would NOT want to have.  With 41% of the votes, she even beat out dead-beat Paris Hilton... Is there a congrats in order? I don't think I would be too happy if I was Snooki... but hey, she has been told far worse and has done far worse! Oh well.  I guess there aren't that many "juiced up" guidos looking for love from Snooks.  I'm sure though, she won't be alone on Valentine's Day though.  She has her meatball bestie Deena, who I'm sure is dateless as well.  If not, some bottle of some liquor will be Snooki's companion for the night.



Feb. 14th has got me thinking, not about Snooki's problem of having a Valentine, but of Valentine's Day's of the past.  Can anyone think of a really bad Valentine's Day?  This year, for me, Valentine's is bittersweet.
This year, my valentine and I won't be sharing it together, or even in the same state or time zone.  My valentine is in 29 Palms, in California (the image above).  There, he is training with his fellow marines before they head out to Afghanistan.

So, Snooki, go ahead and cry about being the worst Valentine.  Atleast you can probably con some poor pathetic guy into taking you out for dinner, or whatever your plan is.   All I want is mine home.

3 comments:

  1. Jenna, this post is so good! It's your best one yet. You made it a V-day post and super-personal. When I was reading it, I wanted to cry. Hang in there :) Keep doing posts like this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of just ignore V-Day anymore to be honest lol and Snooki is probably going to get stuck with the liquor bottle for her valentine if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna -- this is a wonderful post. You made the leap from Snookie (who cares about her?) to you (everyone cares about you and what you're going through because you write it so well). Great job! This is definitely an example of a perfect laugh/cry moment. I'm still thinking you might want to shift your blog over to writing more about how it feels to be home when someone you love is sent to war. There's a lot out there about Snooks, too little about this very human, very important thing you're going through.

    ReplyDelete