Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WATERWORKS

This past episode of Jersey Shore consisted of the most crying I have ever seen from a male in my life.  I'm sure it was staged, or persuaded, but there were in fact tears.  Ronnie, the "wonderful" boyfriend to Sammie, threw all her stuff out the door, broke every possession she had in the house, and starts crying because FINALLY some cast member had the balls to actually leave that mess of a situation, and more importantly, the relationship.

I've talked about this before, but I want to stress again how important to see the signs of a bad relationship. Life123.com has some important points of interest when figuring out your in a bad relationship, and need to get out. To get the warning signs, click here.

I guess I have a big issue with this topic.  I watch the Jersey Shore just to get a laugh, and more importantly, to make me feel better about myself, showing that I am not like these people, nor would I ever want to be.  But when I see Ronnie and Sam in heated, abusive arguments, I get upset.  I don't know whether they are putting on an act for TV or whether it is real, but shame on them if its for fame.  Ronnie reminds me of guys I knew in my past, in highschool and parts of my college career.  The "Ronnie's" of the world, in my opinion, put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to men. 

Sammie isn't any better either. She is the girl who is stuck in a relationship that is doomed for failure anyway, what with Ronnie's apparent lack of respect for her.  It's her own decision to take him back after his infedelity, but there is never an excuse to keep an abusive --mentally and physically-- man around in your life.  So when Sammie finally left, I was very happy for her.  However, previews for new episode show her return, which again, could be all staged for MTV's pleasure.

Which brings me to my next point.  How far would someone go for fame?  Would you want your dirty laundry, whether its staged or real, aired out on television for the whole world to judge? 

4 comments:

  1. It's the same thing as Maury and Jerry Springer... for some reason people like to see other people's doomed lives made public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drama! The intrigue! The cultural stereotypes! It's great to not be these folks -- except for the product endorsements, the cash, the... hey wait a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get upset when Ronnie and Sam get in physical fights. Not because I feel bad for them, but because they are setting an example for people (particularly teens) watching the show. If a relationship gets to the point of throwing lamps at each other, shouldn't one of you realize it was over awhile ago?

    ReplyDelete